We aim to ensure that all Sanctuary Ambassadors are not isolated from the network and supported in the volunteering roles they wish to pursue. We are in the process of updating the different options for support. These include:
- Our regular Funday Friday Zoom call which is open to anyone seeking sanctuary and others and provides a safe space to unwind . It includes a range of fun creative activities and other opportunities for friendship and is usually led by Sanctuary Ambassadors.
- An optional WhatsApp group to keep connected and share information. With WhatsApp, there are two versions:
- (i) Broadcast WhatsApp which on invitation you can join, receive messages but your number remains anonymous to other users.
- (ii) WhatsApp Groups which on invitation you can join, post messages, receive messages but your number will be visible to other users.
- Regular Sanctuary Ambassador meetings for people to talk to each other in addition to training opportunities. See the Latest Events page here.
- For those who join the Sanctuary in Politics course, there is a mentoring scheme which helps support participants in their assignment as well as general wellbeing.
- We can offer to cover expenses that may arise as a result of volunteering, for example mobile data for internet use as well as travel and other expenses (when travel is permitted).
- We can also offer letters of recommendation or references for job opportunities, once we get to know you. We will need at least a weeks notice for this.
This link takes you to a section of our website aimed at providing information for people seeking sanctuary and includes, Immigration Legal Advice, Asylum Support and Housing issues, Health, Employment, Bank accounts, etc. Please tell us what you think and what else you would like to see on these pages.